DENR-8 spearheads observance of World Environment Day
May 31st 2011
Centered on the theme “Forests: Nature at your Service,” the World Environment Day will once again be celebrated on June 5, which will be lead by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), Regional Office No. 8, headed by Regional Executive Director Primitivo C. Galinato, Jr.
According to DENR’s Regional Public Affairs Office Officer In-Charge Purificacion Daloos, since June 5, 2011 falls on a Sunday, the observance of World Environment Day will be moved to June 6, Monday.
It was learned that as a kick-off activity, DENR will be conducting a foot parade around the city of Tacloban to be followed by an environmental program.
The different government institutions and non-government organizations in the region, who are the partners of DENR in the environmental protection, are expected to take part in the celebration of World Environment Day and participate in the different activities prepared by said Office.
- Europe’s largest annual environment conference explores spectrum of resource efficiency
- Environment MEPs back shift to 30 percent emissions cuts
- President Patil calls for awareness on global environment change
- New car labels to show impact on environment
- German environment ministers agree to shut down 7 nuclear reactors