G8 take on African food insecurity
June 7th 2012 | Tags: Food, Population info and analysis
The G8 has announced an initiative to improve food production in Africa. Yet the population of Africa has more than tripled in the last fifty years and is forecast to double by 2050. Only by addressing population growth through reducing family size can food security be assured.
- Nigeria: Food insecurity as a time bomb
- Can an African ‘green revolution’ feed the world?
- UN calls for doubling food production
- One billion go hungry on World Food Day
- Population and food security