In many countries, women still suffer from limited social, economic and political rights, preventing them from playing a full role in society.
We believe that the evidence shows that empowered women typically choose to have smaller families. For environmental and sustainability reasons, as well as for reasons of equity and natural justice, we strongly support gender equality and the empowerment of women.
- ensuring full participation of girls and women in education;
- allowing full participation of women in personal and family decisions especially those relating to childbearing;
- discouraging teenage marriages, which can prevent women establishing themselves in a profession or career;
- granting women full equality under the law and in property rights;
- ensuring businesses run by women have access to financing and government support; and
- providing accessible childcare to enable women to continue working.
Read more about women's rights.